May I recommend

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Stampin' Dryspell has Ended!

Today was the monthly meeting for our SU! demos group, The Glitterin' Gals. We shared a non-card Christmas swap and I was asked to do one of the demos <yikes!>.

I looked to my favorite resource Technique Junkie Newsletter to give me inspiration. Well since this was an SU! group, I had to use supplies we would have through Stampin' Up! I did my take-off (read that as LAZY version) of Gesso Chic. Only mine was Faux Gesso because I didn't use any!

I was going for a vintage background look and wanted to use the Bronc Buster Set and the Wanted set's word stamp. I brayered with a rubber brayer the following Classic Inks onto Whisper White cardstock. Groovy Guava, River Rock and Sahara Sand.
Here comes the Faux Gesso part: I used a sponge brayer to pick up some of the Whisper White Craft Ink. I was NOT concerned with full coverage on this brayer nor over the previously brayered colors. In fact, where I had followed a more-or-less straight pattern of lines of color. I zigged and I zagged some of the white ink on. I wanted a fade, white-washed look, but not completely.
Then I stamped the Bronc rider in Basic Gray. I did a 2nd generation stamping in Basic Gray of the swirl and the WANTED stamp. Layered it onto Groovy Guava, which had a background samped with Flannel Plaid using the Sahara Sand ink. Used a clip and two brads from the Antique Brass Hodgepodge Hardware kit, put a scrap of River Rock ribbon on the clip. Layered onto a base card of River Rock.

1 comment:

Jenny Gropp said...

Like the colors -- neat card.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...