May I recommend

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Time is a Dressmaker

I've joined a couple of new yahoo groups recently and one of those groups (OWSE) is having a Tag swap.  I'm really on a tag kick lately and have some others I plan to post soon.

The theme of the swap is "Time".   My tag is on its way to Australia to Wendy to her "little corner of the world".   

I found a cool quote about "Time is a dressmaker specializing in alterations."  How could you not be inspired to use the Tim Holtz Aleration die from Sizzix that is called Sewing Room

I cut the mannequin from some of Claudine Hellmuth's sticky back canvas which I bought at Blue Moon Scrapbooking.com (Scott and his wife are FABULOUS! at customer service.  Your orders ship & arrive quick!)

I colored over the mannequin with a blending tool and distress inks of Victorian Velvet and Brushed Corduroy.  I used my favorite technique of the moment -Paint Dabber Resist (see page 47 of Tim's Book) stamping some clock images with Gold and Snow Cap White .  Various distressed inks were blended over the paint.  The quote is encased in one of Tim Holtz's Idea-Ology Ornate Plates and I applied Ranger's Glossy Accents onto it.  The flourishes are some of Tim's stamps and the clocks were from various manufacturers.

1 comment:

Melisa Waldorf said...

WOW!! This is amazing and what a yummy background. I love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...