May I recommend

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Diamonds and Pearls and Wendy - OH MY!

What a totally fun few days I've had -- starting Sunday when I checked out Hels' Sunday Stamper Challenge.  My thinking cap went right on and I knew I was going to use Wendy Vecchi's Studio 490 set:  Visions of Art.  I mean that girl is already decked out with jewelry so I just needed to embellish her style!   I used some pearl and clear rhinestone, glue-on "jewels" and I stamped her face again on grunge paper and then cut out the flower.  Colored with distress inks and then put Ranger's Glossy Accents on top for shine.  I used Ranger Adirondack pigment markers I have had forever and ever and colored her lips in Cranberry and gave her a touch of Denim eyeshadow on her lids. ;-)

While still pondering all I wanted to do with her on Monday -- after getting home from work (BOO! It's get in the way of crafting all day long ) -- I checked out Linda Elbourne's blog and saw I saw her post about the Simons Says Stamp and Show Challenge.  Be still my heart!  I knew I was going to enter this project for both when I finished.  (If I finished.)

TA DAA!  I have finally finished her on Wednesday evening.  I hope you like her and check further for more deets!

The Butterfly from Wendy's set, Nature's Art, was stamped on white Clearly For Art (this stuff is AWESOME!) with Archival Jet black ink from Ranger.  Dabbed Ranger's Alcohol inks and some blending solution until I was happy.  Heated and molded the wings a bit.  I added some miscellaneous yellow, glue-on rhinestones.

I had a beautiful pack of designer paper from K & Company called Sera sera.  (Kick myself for only buying one pack at the time! Agh!)  I put it on a piece of retired SU! book board that was 5" x 7-1/2" (12.7 cm x 19.1 cm).  I used the Hanging Sign from Tim Holtz's Alterations Sizzix die and cut it out of grunge paper.  Put some more DP on that and stamped with Her Style was Sassy... from Wendy's set A Form of Art  (NOTE:  All of Wendy's sets are from Studio 490 and on the Simon Says Stamp shopping site.)  And of course, the crowning achievement -- using Tim's Ideology Swivel Clasps.

Looking forward to the next challenge from Hels and company.

Stampin' Hugs!

10 comments:

Marjie K said...

Wow, Deb.... this is fantastic! Love love LOVE what you did with the CFA and all the jewels on your lady.

wendy vecchi said...

Deb...AWESOME...LOVE it LOTS!
wendy

Lesley said...

Love this piece!! Have yet to use he lady stamp......you inspired me to ink it up!!!

Gillian said...

Deb, love this piece,love how you have transformed this already beautiful face, love all the bright dashes of colour.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wow, that's beautiful.

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

How fun. What great colors.

Thanks for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!
-Renee at Simon Says Stamp

Hels Sheridan said...

Totally GORGEOUS art hun, thanks for joinin gin with the Sunday sTamper... yay, you got a comment from the Wonderful Wendy Vecchi!!! x

Angie said...

Beautiful!

Candy C said...

Very cool piece! Definitely in the Wendy Vecchi style...with your own style thrown in! Love it! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. <3 Candy

LynneForsythe said...

Girl.......now that's how to show your WENDY STYLE!! what a GORGEOUS creation!!

Thanks bunches for playing along with the teamies and Simon Says Stamp and Show!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...