May I recommend

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Grungy Monday #6

I've been admiring Linda Ledbetter's blog for several weeks now.  And I can thank her that through her links I found the All Things Tim yahoo group.  I've been wanting to participate in some of her weekly technique challenges for awhile now and I finally have an entry to submit.

I made a card and it looks dark in the photo.  It's much more pastel and shiny when you see the background up close.  I used paint dabbers with Sail Boat Blue, Pearl and Mountain Rose, distress inks in Victorian Velvet, Spun Sugar and Milled Lavendar.  I edged it with Broken China.

I've been in love with this set (Air Travel, CMS #102)  since I bought it about three weeks ago at Novel Approach in Friendswood, Texas.  It's an hour for me to get there but they are the only local source I have for Tim's line of Stamper's Anonymous stamps.
Here's the link for the technique to follow on Tim Holtz's blog.

Have a great day!

22 comments:

Candy C said...

Really cool back ground and the way you finished it out with Tim's stamped images....wow! <3 Candy

Gabrielle said...

This is just lovely! Perfect for the challenge - it takes a lot of bravery to post your first entry (well, it did for me anyway!) and it was really worth doing - I love it!

Dawn said...

Love your travel theme great your joining in

Love Dawn xx

Marjie K said...

Great job! Your stamped background is so nicely layered and then the metal on top just pops!

Shelly Hickox said...

This is a fantastic piece! I love the way you used those stamps - they are the next on my list!!

bes53913 said...

Beauitufl!

Evelyn S. said...

You've created such a beautiful "sky" for your airplane. It's a wonderful collage.

Kathy Eddy said...

This came out great! I love what you did with this challenge!

fairy thoughts said...

fabulous card, really different. the images do appear to pop off the page.
janet

MarleneMAZ said...

Fabulous card! I keep looking at that stamp set too haven't got it yet though.

Linda Ledbetter said...

Deb, thanks for the kind words, and I'm so glad you found the Grungy Monday challenge! What a beautiful debut piece you've created! I love how you used the technique to create a sunrise-tinged sky--- it's just gorgeous. The entire piece is energetic and wonderfully designed. I can't wait to see more of your art!

craftytrog said...

Gorgeous card Deb! Great design!
Alison x

Plume said...

What an interesting collage of stamps. I also like the colors you used to do the technique.

Cindy-Up In Northern Michigan said...

Lovely! Great first entry.

Von said...

This is a great male card :)a fab entry

Chris A. said...

Beautiful!

sasa said...

Love your collaged stamping and images - gives me a great vintage feel - fab job!
sarah at 28

Minxy said...

Absolutely love the use of the plane over the ticket, a fab make :D

Gillian said...

This is such a cool piece, love how you have used that stamp set, must add to wis list now.

BrianK said...

Thanks for sharing, such a great piece. Love the colors in your background, they really tie into the travel theme. The stamps are fantastic. Hope to see more.

Becky said...

Love your card and the colours are great.I keep looking at that set

Lisa :) said...

Beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...