May I recommend

Monday, May 16, 2011

Grungy Monday #7


I'm addicted to Grungy Monday at Linda Ledbetter's blog. It's truly a lot of fun to do and this one just flowed for me. The technique is color blocking and can be found here. I'm afraid clicking on some of the other entries last week inspired me to hunt down and bag Tim's set Life Adventure #CMS077. I used every stamp in the set!

I masked my elephant before I did the technique and stamping. After I removed the mask, I pounced Pumice Stone distressed ink over his body. Such a perfect color for his hide, don't you think? Added an Ideology Muse Token over the "ball" of the sun stamp (it says Wonderful). Used some hitch fasteners at the bottom to attach my word. I am no "beader", but somehow managed to string these beads I bought on a whim a very long time ago for their African Safari look.

Happy Stampin' Y'all!

22 comments:

Jennie Atkinson said...

This looks great! I love your background (great colours) and the elephant is just perfect!

jude said...

Absolutely love this the colours and design.Adore that Elephant and great job witht the beads.Good luck
hugs judex

Wendy said...

Awesome job, I love the colours combo. I can see why you went hunting for that stamp set. It was worth it.

Evelyn S. said...

Wow...very "artsy"....and that elephant works so well!

Daniele said...

background colours work brilliantly with the stamped image
hugs

Kristy C said...

Beautiful! I just LOVE that elephant!

fairy thoughts said...

gorgeous picture, the background looks just like an African sunset
thanks for sharing
janet

Chris A. said...

excellent!

Karen said...

You have created a great African safari look: Wonderful colours and scene.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Fantastic background and great images. Wonderful africa feeling.

MarleneMAZ said...

This is just gorgeous! love the colours and the stamp set you used, great job!

overo said...

The African way of art ! Great colours and the big elephant is so sweet .
Greetings from Austria
Heike

Jane said...

I love the colors. Very stunning. Yay for being 1st to post this week.

Dawn said...

This looks FAB

Love dawn xx

Shelly Hickox said...

This is such a gorgeous piece! You picked the perfect combination of colors and images and the sentiment is just perfect.

sasa said...

i think this technique is made for this stamp...the blocks look so good with the elephant and your colour choices are all safari!
Thanks for sharing...
Sarah at 46

The Craft Cupboard Under the Stairs said...

I can almost feel the heat coming off this card. Great colors!

BrianK said...

Great choice of colors for your blocking they look fab. Your card really conveys a wandering theme. Love the beads

Crafty Chick Designs said...

What a great combination of colors!Everything comes together in a delightful way.

Deb

Alison said...

Fantastic! Love that elephant!

Debbie said...

Looove the elephant! I've seen him at the store, and now that I see a card with him, I may just buy him! Love the colours and the theme! Fabulous!

Gillian said...

I don't own this set, but I want to know having seen it against this fab colour block background.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...