May I recommend

Monday, May 23, 2011

Grungy Monday #8

Today at Linda Ledbetter's blog, Studio L3, the Grungy Monday challenge #8 truly is one of my favorite techniques.  It brings back fond memories of when I was first learning to stamp and when I first saw Tim's first DVD, I remember him demonstrating this technique here.
I used watercolor paper, distressed inks in Forest Moss, Bundled Sage, Pine Needles, Stormy Sky, Aged Mahogany and Rusty Hinge.  The trunk of my tree was done with Expresso from my still good, but old Adirondack dye ink pad.  (I've had them 8 years! AND they're still fresh at stamping - I've hardly used the re-inkers I bought at the time.


Stamp sets used:   Tree from Just Believe CMS 031, the weeds/foliage from Spring Spring CMS 084, butterfly from Shabby French, CMS 087, and the word stamps from Urban Chic CMS 084.


Thanks for stopping by and looking!


Stampin' Hugs!

17 comments:

Bella said...

I love the many stamps you incorporated in this card. I love the colours you used too. It is really beautiful.

Karen said...

You've created a beautiful scene. Great technique.

Sue West said...

I just love your card, it looks fabulous.
Sue:)

ellen vargo said...

WOW! The scene you achieved with your stamping is awesome! Love it!

Dorothy said...

Beautiful!

Minxy said...

Fantastic card, love that tree!

Linda Ledbetter said...

What a gorgeous card, Deb! The watercolor stamping is PERFECT, and the composition is masterful! You created such a pretty world on this card. Beautiful job on GM08-- I love this!

Marjie K said...

Beautiful, Deb!

Kat said...

this is a stunning job on this weeks technique,
love the colours,
Kat.

minnie_mac said...

Gorgeous colours and stamping.

Marilyn

Toni said...

Deb this is stunning work... all the different stamps compliment each other so well.. Beautiful job on the watercolor paper.

Alison said...

Beautiful stamping Deb! x

Jane said...

Beautiful work of art. I love your choice of colors and stamps. they fit well with this technique.

Crafty Chick Designs said...

Love the scene you've created. They all look great w/this technique. It's a lovely piece.

Debbie C

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous colours and great use of the technique creating a great scene.
Enjoy the weekend.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

BrianK said...

Wow, my first thought was you really know how to use this technique. Fantastic imagery. Awesome job.

Sam said...

Fantastic card here! Love your use of lots of stamps.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...