May I recommend

Monday, May 30, 2011

Grungy Monday #9

Happy Memorial Day!
Today at Linda's Studio 3, the technique for Grungy Monday #9 is one I've never done before.  It's been fun and interesting to play with.   It's from 2007 and one of Tim Holtz's Christmas tags (Day #10) techniques.  Check it out and have some fun for yourself!
I haven't got a wide range of Adirondack Paint Dabbers and a few of mine were being contrary today--a bit thick and I was in more of a hurry to "play" than to thin them out with some warm water (Tim's tip).  I guess I figured I'll take care of those later so after I painted my tag with Black Dabber, I picked out Snow Cap, Sunset Orange and Watermelon to dab on and blend together.
I recently bought the Winged Things II CMS 025 set to do something with the man, but found I was drawn to using the boy with wings for this project.  So he was stamped with embossing ink, as well as the question marks from the World Traveller CMS 027 set.  
After I did all my dabbing, blending, etc.  I stamped with Ranger's Jet Back Archival ink the bingo numbers from the Game of Life CMS 036 and took a bingo token from Tim's Ideology line of Game Pieces.  I picked one to match a number from the stamp.  :-)
Stamped a bit more for background effects using  Bitty Grunge CMS 039 for the stars and scratches.  I also got out my scratching tool which is new to me.  I didn't feel very successful with it so I guess I'll need to practice a bit more with it.  Last, I felt my top left corner was a bit bare looking so I used Tim's Alterations Textured Fades Artful Muse Folder and spunged a bit of archival ink on top of that.  I also sponged my edges with Black Soot distressed ink.  I put final Ideology embellishments such as one of the Hinge Clips at the top of the tag and after dabbing Black paint dabber onto a game spinner, I applied it on top of the boy's hat.
Thanks for looking!
Stampin' Hugs,

9 comments:

Kathy Eddy said...

This turned out really cute! I love your stamp choices and the red!

Kaz said...

thanks so much for your kind words over on my blog, \i just adore your entry the colour is so cool xx

Kazxx

Shelann said...

I like your results, the colors are different choice and the stamps are perfect too.

Jane said...

Great tag. I love the colors.

MarleneMAZ said...

Your tag is great! love the colours.

Gillian said...

Great design Deb, loving the deep colour.

Plume said...

I love the design of this tag and the cool red!

sasa said...

Love this Grungy red look and all the detail!
Sarah at 42

Aleksander said...

Really tough tag!
Cool details:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...