May I recommend

Monday, June 13, 2011

Grungy Monday #11

Whew!  Glad to be back for another of Linda's Grungy Monday challenges.  I hated to miss last week but had to make a trip for work to our Dallas office.   (Don't you just hate it when work gets in the way of your fun? )  Those trips always mess up the rest of my week even if I do get home before the weekend.

The technique is a challenge from Tim Holtz's blog of January 2008 (some people call it Faux Batik)

I probably didn't pick a light-enough color of distress ink for my lamp post which was embossed and then blended over with distress inks before ironing the ink back off the lamp post.

As I'm sure you, too, may find it always looks a lot better in real life than it sometimes does in photos you take.  I used one of Tim's Reinforcements on the top center of my tag and it was one of the darkest I could find to go with my inks and Ideology hardware, but the flash of the camera lightened it up and you can't see the detail in it.

Lot's of stamping to catch up on and hope I can make some headway meeting my project deadlines.

Have a great week!

8 comments:

Kathy Eddy said...

Boy, are you fast! Looks great from here so sure it is really great in real life! Gorgeous coloring!

Candy C said...

Wow! Your lamp post really stands out! Great technique and tag! <3 Candy

Linda Ledbetter @ Studio L3 said...

It's great to see you Deb, and yes, I know what you mean about work messing up our crafting fun!

Your tag is sensational! Those colors are AWESOME together, and the lamppost worked beautifully for the GM11 technique. I love the mysterious look you created, and I think your ink choices were just right.

Marjie Kemper said...

Great tag, Deb... the lamp post was a great choice for the technique!

Shelly Hickox said...

Wow, the depth of your colors is amazing! Such a moody look and the umbrella man is perfect with it. Wow, wow, wow. Love this!

Jane said...

I love the tag. The contrast of colors is perfect. and YES, I hate it when work gets in the way of 'fun'.

MarleneMAZ said...

Great tag! I love the umbrella man under the lamp post:)

sasa said...

looks great - literally lighting up your tag!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...