May I recommend

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Grungy Monday #12

   Linda at Studio L3 has chosen another great technique from Tim Holtz for Grungy Monday #12.  The technique uses a designer paper with some kind of negative element stamp being clear embossed and then covered with paint dabber.  Then you wipe away the paint from the embossing.
   I was at Texas Art Supply in downtown Houston on Sunday and was just checking to see what kind of Ranger supplies they might carry when I stumbled on a find -- the two DVDs put out by Design originals in 2008 that contain Tim Holtz Distressables papers.  
   I printed the design paper that had license plates on it from the Distressables: Papers and Frame DVD and cut it out with my tag die and then glued it on top of a manila tag.  
   I had another brand of Harlequin diamonds stamp and clear embossed it. The rest of my stamps used are various ones from Tim Holtz's collection with Stamper's Anonymous.  
   I used Andirondack Butterscotch Paint Dabber to cover the tag.   I stamped the Jalopy on SU's Natural White cardstock and blended Distress Ink in Old Paper over it before I cut it out.  I stamped the Environs of Paris map in sepia ink over the painted tag for a little more detail to the background of license plates.  I used Ranger's Jet Black Archival ink for the word stamp and Tim's Ideology dabbed with a little bit of the Pitch Black Adirondack paint dabber on it, but I left the copper brands unpainted for a bit of contrast.
   Thanks for looking and hope you join in Linda's challenge!

10 comments:

Kathy Eddy said...

This is fantastic Deb! I love your choice of the lighter paint over it. Very cool!

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

Wonderful tag.

Alison said...

Gorgeous tag Deb! x

Marjie Kemper said...

Love your tag, Deb. The background is yummy!

Shelly Hickox said...

Love your choice of paint colors and stamps! I think the butterscotch looks so much better than dark brown. Great tag.

Annette said...

Really love the tag and your color choices. Love how this technique adds such dimension and texture. Nice!

Helen said...

I love this tag - the base is gorgeous, but it looks fab with your touches! my first effort for this challenge was rubbish, I am hoping to do it properly this evening!!

Debbie said...

Great Tag! Love the colours! Awesome design and technique!

sasa said...

Great design and colour choice to go with the car I didn't fancy dark brown either!

Linda Ledbetter said...

Aren't those Design Originals DVDs awesome? I forget I have them, so I appreciate the reminder. You used that imagery so well, Deb-- brilliant job on the GM12 technique, and on creating such a fun and beautiful work of art. Those colors are spectacular!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...