May I recommend

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Sunday Stamper - Week 157 - Reasons to be Cheerful

Well, I only got in two posts last week and I'm in a bit of withdrawal from missing out on blogging -- but I had good reason -- and it made me Cheerful!  <rotfl> I visited the Great American Scrapbooking convention when it stopped off in Arlington, Texas and got to see THE WENDY VECCHI doing demonstrations!  Whoo hoo!  I drove four hours after I left work on Wednesday and stayed with my SASSSC Sistah, Olga.  (Note:  SASSSC is a group of friends and we get together monthly to share swaps, food, stamping techniques, make-n-take projects -- and fun and laughter!)  Olga only lives about 15 minutes from the convention center.
I'm also hoping this tag can do double-duty for me as I do love my cat stamps and this simple black cat stamp is a favorite because it reminds me of "my Trevor".  And I'm using it for Simon says stamp and show also.
This tag represents that besides stamping and using my Wendy Vecchi stamps, my cats make me cheerful.  I have three black cats and one gray one.  This is to reflect my little stamping buddy:  Trevor.  Trevor has Diabetes Mellitus Type 1, and is fading in spite of insulin treatments - so I'm trying to stay cheerful and used a hope-filled sentiment from Wendy's set:  Celestial Art.  
I love DTP - so I sponged, brayered and dabbed inks on the tag and onto the stamps.  I used markers, too.  I had a black cat stamp from Meer Images (edited 13 June with link to stamp Phoebe)  and masked it first, then did the other images.  The tree is from Evidence of Art and the flower (stamped twice) at bottom left is from Botanical Art.  I used Jet Archival for the black cat, birds and words.   Note:  The Birds is a single, wood-mounted stamp from the Tim Holtz collection available from Stampers Anonymous.  Supplement 8.1, Summer 2007 M1-1252.   I picked it up at the convention also. 
OH! And I can't forget my ideology clip and Adage ticket from Mr. Tim Holtz!
Stampin' Hugs!

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Your tag's wonderful! Love the colors - the elements - and that new tree of Wendy's! I've not got that stamp set yet, but I can tell I need to! And isn't Wendy THE sweetest???

I, too, am a cat lover - and I'm sorry to hear your Trevor is not doing well.

Thank you for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp & Show challenge!

Marjie K said...

Beautiful, Deb. Love the way you added extra color on the flourish. Hope things improve for Trevor.

Hels Sheridan said...

Aw this is gorgeous hun... loving those Wendy Vecchi images.. am ever so slightly Peeled Paint you got to see her in the real lol Hoping Trevor responds to his insulin hunny... AlfieCat is sending a big furry purr... thanks for joining in with the Sunday sTamper x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...