May I recommend

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Sunday Stamper - Week 159 - All Around My Hat

Well, I am just so pleased with myself and happy to have my tag ready for Hels Sheridan's Sunday Stamper Challenge  - #159 All Around My Hat".  


And what was really fun is getting to use one of the  new stamp sets I just got in the mail Friday from Artistic Outpost.  (They have two new sets released that they are calling British Invasion but those are not what this post is about ;->) 


I used the previously released set "Steampunk" because I like this guy's hat and the "Gentleman's Choice" stamp.  This tag also features stamps from Wendy Vecchi's Studio 490 sets.  Some Tim Holtz Ideology goodness and tissue tape.  I also die cut out the On the Edge die:  Townscape and used it as a mask when I was blending on my Distressed Inks.


I found the quote online from Henry David Thoreau and thought it was perfect for this tag's theme.  "Live your life, do your work, then take your hat."  I printed it out with a free font I found a long time ago that looks like those Dymo label makers.  


ALSO - I hope you'll check out my previous blog post -- with my favorite Texas Cowgirls stamp -- that I made earlier today as I celebrated my 50th Blog Post! -- WHOO HOO! 


AND HERE'S SOME OTHER NEWS!  When I get to to post number 100 I will be posting an opportunity to win some Blog Candy -- so stay tuned and keep stopping by.  

Stampin' Hugs!

8 comments:

Hels Sheridan said...

Congrats on 51 fab posts!!! Looking forward to more now |:O)) This tag is awesome... the elements, stamping, colours and the sentiment (which is FAB) are all perfect... thanks for joining in with the Sunday sTamper x

Kathy Eddy said...

This is a great tag! Love the quote too. I am going to have to get the British Invasion sets. They have been catching my eye, big time!

Marjie Kemper said...

Love the whole tag but that font is KILLING me. Love it!

Laura said...

I'm happy to become a follower, even tho I'm number 13. Love your work, it's all so inspiring.
Laura

Alison said...

A gorgeous grungy tag! Love it!
Alison x

Lynn Stevens said...

Love what you did with the New AO stamps!!!! Fabulous work.
hugs Lynn

Shelly Hickox said...

Totally gorgeous tag!! You will love those new AO stamps - they are so versatile. Love what you did with the Steampunk ones!

shamela said...

Wow..Deb.. I came across your blog today... and just fell in love with your tags... we just finished a wings tag swap here in South Africa...and I was so stuck for ideas... wish I had found you a few weeks earlier... our tags and work is totally outstanding... now following... so will def be back for another look
hugz from South Africa
shamela ;p)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...