May I recommend

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Texas Roses and Simon Says Stamp

I had created the torn, stamped image some years ago and it was a Tim Holtz technique my friend taught me, but I've had trouble finding the source for it.   The idea was to create something that looked like it had survived being burned.


 I forgot about the image, but recently found again when I was doing one of my "let's get organized" projects.  I put it on a canvas and added a Yellow-and-Pink rose made  from Grungepaper.


I think it fits well with the Simon Says Stamp and Show ... your Distressed/Torn Edges challenge.  


All things are Ranger Distressed Inks, Tim Holtz products except for the canvas and Claudine Hellmuth studio paints.


AND HERE"S SOME OTHER NEWS!  This makes my 50th Blog Post.  When I get to to number 100 I will be posting an opportunity to win some Blog Candy -- so stay tuned!


Stampin' Hugs,

4 comments:

papillon said...

wow, it does look like it was saved from a burning house! and the background and rose really work with it. love it!

Candy C said...

Hello! Your canvas is lovely! Love the colors and the distressing you did on this piece to make it look burned! Thanks for sharing your work with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge! <3 Candy

LynneForsythe said...

Love how you added your creation to a canvas.....total DISTRESS~O~LICIOUSNESS!!!

thanks BUNCHES for playing along with the Teamies and Simon Says Stamp and Show!!!

Gerri Herbst said...

just gorgeous, such depth!
thanks for yr sweet comments on my mermaid ATC's. Have a beautiful weekend. gerri

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...