May I recommend

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Grungy Monday #13

   Whew!  Skimming in at almost the 11th hour for this deadline.  However, I so love playing with Linda Ledbetter's Grungy Monday challenges, that I had to do whatever I could to try to make it.  As always, they feature one of Tim Holtz's fabulous techniques -- I just can't resist them.  
   This one uses Adirondack Alcohol Inks and I used Butterscotch, Cranberry and Red Pepper on one of Tim's large oval Fragments.
   I used one of his stamps for the sentiment on the right -- I seem to reach for this one a lot.  It is just  the perfect sentiment.  
   The flower is an old stamp from 2001 from Jamnstamps and the "friend" stamped on the bottom of the front of the fragment was from a retired SU set.  I used some scraps up from my stash - the paper was from a K&Company called Que Sera sera, the cameo was a button I bought some time ago and if I have to guess was probably a local chain craft store.  The trim was the end of a bolt I saw somewhere awhile back and it seemed perfect with the cameo.
   Happy 4th of July Everyone!
Deb


4 comments:

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

This is lovely.

Plume said...

Your alcohol ink background is luscious! Nice card!

Marjie Kemper said...

Beautiful, Deb! Love the colors and the piece you added to the lace.

Gerri Herbst said...

Fantastic...such colors and that tiny piece of lace was just the right touch. take care, gerri

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...