May I recommend

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Grungy Monday #15 - Find Your Wings and Fly

   After dinner last night, it was so sweet to get up into  my craft room and get inky!  Awww - bliss! I couldn't wait to get something done for this week's Grungy Monday challenge.
   Linda Ledbetter's wonderful Grungy Monday challenges can be found here.  This week's technique is based on one from Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of Christmas 2007 - Day 7.  Click the link and play along!
   My tag base was colored with Distress Inks in Peeled Paint and accented with the Mustard Seed pad.  The dragon fly from Impression Obsession was inked with Faded Jeans, Forest Moss, Broken China and Black Soot Distressed Inks.  I used my blender tools to add Wild Honey, Stormy Skies around and edged with Broken China.  
   Wendy Vecchi's Studio 490 sentiment stamps from sets Art in Bloom and Let Your Art Have Wings were used.  I re-stamped the #1 on a scrap and enclosed it in one of Tim's Ideology Type Charms with the epoxy sticker and brad.
   The edge of the tag was embellished with another scrap from the cut down tag.  I added some adhesive and scattered some Copper ArtQuest Mica Flakes I found at Texas Art Supply in Downtown Houston across it.  I added some of the Ideology Foliage and dabbed Sailboat Blue Adirondack paint dabber on the flower shapes.   
   Then I stamped and cut out the leaves from Grungepaper using Dyan Reaveley's Around the Edge DS006 set.  It was sponged with Peeled Paint and some Faded Jeans on the edges.  I used a brown Glaze Gel pen to darken the lines of the stems.   
   I used some miscellaneous hardware on the corners of the smaller tag that were in my stash.  
   AND my last touch was to use Viva Decor Pearl Pens in Sunny Yellow  and Kiwi -- these were my Cool Find from last weekend's CK's Houston Scrapbook Convention that was really held in The Woodlands, TX -- only 15 minutes from my home.  
   I took a WONDERFUL class called Oh! How Beautiful from Susan Frase of Clear Scraps.  It was a gorgeous acrylic album using alcohol inks and other tips of working with acrylics.   Clear Scraps had a lot of Viva Decor pens and glitter paste in their booth and I'm afraid I over-indulged a bit -- lol.
   Thanks for looking -- I hope you like it!
Stampin' Hugs,


Deb 

12 comments:

Vic said...

Your tag is beautiful! Very jewel-like.

Gillian .... said...

So glad you had some time to join in this weeks fun Deb, love all the different elements to this tag, and great choice of colour combo's. x

gerdavriens said...

Beautiful tag!

Naomi said...

Love your tag!

Wanda H said...

Fabulous tag!!!

Gale's Goodies said...

The color and shine on the dragonfly is just incredible! Love your tag!

Bunnyfreak said...

Great piece.

Sam said...

This tag is brilliant. Love the subject, the colours and the style. Awesome!

Sam said...

This tag is brilliant. Love the subject, the colours and the style. Awesome!

Kathy Eddy said...

This is just stunning! I am in love with it!

PsyPenguin said...

Gorgeous tag - love the dragonfly!

Melisa Waldorf said...

I LOVE that the dragonfly has so many colors on it!!! I'm sitting here wondering how you did it without messing up your ink pads, but I'm thinking you must have applied the ink to something else and then applied it to the stamp. Fabulous technique!! This is grungy-gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...