May I recommend

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Grungy Monday #16 - Bye, Bye Birdie

   B.B. Jay is on his way to the Jazz festival with his Grungy suitcase, but before he flies off he wanted you to know about Linda's Grungy Monday Challenge #16.
   Head over for a Grungeboard Extravaganza at Linda's Studio L3 blog and join in for the challenge.  This week celebrates Tim Holtz's signature products Grungeboard and Grungepaper.
   If you haven't yet played with these fabulous products, you need to get some pronto! :)  It is really wonderful with the Distress Stains and on my project below where I've used both grungeboard and grungepaper, it colored them up fast!
Billie-Blue Jay
   At first, I couldn't find my grungeboard so the suitcase was cut from grungepaper with a Sizzix Bigz-XL suitcase die.  Colored super fast with Wild Honey Distress Stain and decorated with labels stamped from Tim's set Travel Labels, CMS# 108, onto Ranger's Inkessentials manila cardstock with Black Archival ink.  The handle of the suitcase was colored with Vintage Photo distress stain.  
   When I found the grungeboard, I used another Sizzix die that is only titled Bird.  His body is colored with Faded Jeans and wings with Broken China distress stains.  Ran wings and body through a Texture Fades music folder and decorated with Frosted Lace stickles to accent some of the design.  I used the Inkessentials Black Enamel Accents to make his eye.  

   Our boy is ready to take off and enjoy his weekend -- and I hope you enjoy yours!  Get some Grungeboard and get playing!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome project - I've just used the distress stains for the first time and they are so much fun - what a great choice for your project.
Danita

Lesley said...

Lovely piece!!!

Plume said...

I like the colors and the bird with the suitcase. This is a fun piece.

Kathy Eddy said...

What a whimsical piece! It turned out great!

inkyfingers said...

Great Project, I love what you've done with bird and his suitcase.

Yvonne

Minxy said...

The more i see these suitcase creations the more i want a die, love your creation :O)

Dawn said...

You could sell that die of the suit case over and over with your pretty works lol thanks for playing with the grunge Dxx

Gillian .... said...

I don't have the suitcase die yet Deb but boy you sure make me wish I had. Love this project, perfectly whimsical. x

Chris aka Scrappylassie said...

Love the challenges from Linda and this piece is so "Tim"!! Don't have the suitcase die yet, but you make me "Need It"! Love your project.

Linda Ledbetter @ Studio L3 said...

Fantastic use of Grungeboard and Grungepaper, Deb! Isn't it FUN to use Distress Stains to dye grunge? Your little traveling' birdie is the CUTEST, and I love how you embellished him with the perfect amount of glitter. This is fun and darling and wonderful!

Sam said...

This is super cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...