May I recommend

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Making Art Challenge #18 - Stripes and Rectangles

Good Morning all,
   Today is the last day to enter the 18th Making Art Challenge for the Everything Wendy Vecchi yahoo group.  Lori Hassler is our fantastic group Mom.
   I've been wanting to jump in on this challenge but had to get through some other commitments first and I'm skating in on the end but -- Hey! I made it!
   Lots of Wendy and Ranger goodness here -- I painted one of the Arts Parts rectangle frames (3-1/2 x 5-1/2) with Claudine Hellmuth Studio paint in purple (my favorite color!) and I also painted a piece of scalloped Maya Road chipboard.  The frame was stamped with one from Be Happy... Make Art LCS035.  I used a scrap of striped paper I have had in my stash for yonks and it was the basis for the colors I used -- purple and green.
   I stamped the Ivy leaves with Olive Archival ink on Grungepaper and hand trimmed them (what was I thinking?!).  Set:  It's Face Art LCS026.  Also glittered with microfine Art Glitter.
   I had some scrap of double-sided sticky paper in my stash that I poured Microfine Art Glitter onto and then stamped on it with Black Archival ink with the "Fly" butterfly and heart stamps. (Sets:  Botanical Art LCS037 & Love to Make Art SCS029.   Lastly I used the sentiment which is also from Love to Make Art.  All of these goodies are available from SimonSaysStamp.com
Have a Fab day!





5 comments:

Kathy Eddy said...

Very pretty!

Lori said...

Very cool Deb! Love how you used your fave color, it really makes it pop! Thanks for joining the MAC!

Lesley said...

Gorgeous!!! Lots of detail!!

2amscrapper said...

love the purple and green combo--so bright and fun

Angie said...

Love it! Great color combo.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...