May I recommend

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Making Art Challenge #19 - Imagine the Possibilities

   Time for another Making Art challenge with the Everything Wendy Vecchi Yahoo group.  Our inspiration for this challenge is to use a Bird and at least One of Wendy Vecchi's stamps from her Studio 490 line.  
Imagine the Possibilities
   I had a lot of time to play at a leisurely place since it's the weekend (whoo hoo!and try out some more of the new Distress Stains.  Lots of loverly Grunge paper was used-- I can't get enough of using this fabulous, ingenious invention of Tim Holtz.  Oh yeah!  
   I started out with a new Bigz-XL die from Sizzix that I purchased on their Tuesday Teasers day this past week.  It's called:  Album, Scallop Rectangle #2.  I'm gonna be using this Baby a lot!
   Added Art Parts and the Ranger Glossy Black Enamel on some music notes I cut from an old, very tiny Sizzix die I've had for ever.   The Ranger Enamel is Coolio
   You can get all of the goodies at Simon Say Stamp.  I received a package today and got my larger jars of Ranger's Glue N' Seal--just in time for this project.
   I used some rings from 7-Gypsies and plan to use this piece as a cover for a mini-book.
   I stamped Wendy's wonderful stamps for the leaves and bird.  The bird was stamped with one of the luscious new colors of Archival ink from Ranger--Aquamarine.  
   Distress stains used to color the leaves and Art Parts were Mustard Seed, Worn Lipstick, Dried Marigold, Shabby Shutters and Peeled Paint.   (Side note:  the heart was just a little wooden veneer piece I had.)
   Thanks for stopping by and looking!  Leave a comment if you likey-hope you do!

10 comments:

Gabrielle said...

This is just great! Vibrant colours and I have a real weakness for blue birds! You clearly had lots of fun making this!

Lesley said...

This is fab!!! The colours are just beautiful!! Am ever so slightly envious of the new stains...no doubt we will have to wait AGES for them over here!! Can't wait to see your completed album!!

SusanK said...

So colorful and fun to look at!

2amscrapper said...

I love the bright colors! Fantastic art!

Kathy Eddy said...

Love it Deb! The colors are fantastic, so bright and fun!

Debby said...

Love the colors you used. Hope you share the rest of the book when it is done. Love the mini books!

Vic said...

Great cover, very vibrant! TFS the deets.

Melisa Waldorf said...

FABulous!! I love that die and the color red!

Angie said...

Beautiful, Deb! Lovely color combos!

Marjie Kemper said...

What a bright fun piece! Love it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...