May I recommend

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Man About Town & Outlaw Women

  Man About Town & Outlaw Women
   Isn't that a provocative posting title on a craft-oriented blog.  Well yeah -- but Ha!  Made you look!  

  And I'm glad you did stop by to take a look.
   There's a yahoo group knows as the Outlaw Women Scrapbook Emporium and they're a fun group who love to do swaps!  You can see their button on the right side of my blog under "I'm a Fan of".
  They had a recent swap called Man About Town and the theme was masculine and had to be in a 4x4 format -- something I had not done before in a swap.  I made this into a 2-sided hanging piece.
   Isn't it great when you can use a piece of something you started that was either not finished or not turning out?   I have a "an idea stash" basket and dug out a DP covered coaster from quite a while ago and it seemed like the perfect background for this swap.  I used Ranger's Distress Inks to sponge things and Archival black ink to stamp images from Artistic Outpost -- using Gatsby & Steampunk sets.  Also had an older collage stamp of NYC made by Inkadinkadoo  (That was stamped in Archival Sepia ink).
   And talk about being thrifty -- the yarn was retrieved from a package of cardstock I had purchased from a vendor in yesteryear also.
   Ask Gatsby -- he'll vouch for me.   


4 comments:

Carol Ann said...

Gorgeous Deb x

Dawn said...

Love it ;0)

Marjie Kemper said...

Great piece, Deb! Love that older city stamp - works perfectly here!

Melisa Waldorf said...

Looks perfect for that theme. I love how how you stamped the man in the foreground and the car in the background. And then you flip it over for the rest of the story.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...