May I recommend

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Simon Says and Grungy Monday and WOYWW

   Good morning!  I'm doing triple duty here by posting a project for the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge--Anything Goes! (anyone else singing along right now? lol) and Grungy Monday #19 at the lovely Linda's blog.  
   Firstly, when they say Anything Goes, I thought this was the perfect time to make over a cigar box I had available.  
   Secondly, the GM technique this week is to use Rock Candy paint or Distress Stickles.  I chose to use the paint on top of flowers and a photo from Tim's Lost and Found papers.  All supplies used are available from Simon Says Stamp.  The Get Ready to Rock technique shown by Tim is on his blog here.




   I used Tim's Kraft Resist Paper Stash and lots of Distress Stains - Shabby Shutter, Worn Lipstick, Wild Honey (my favorite), Dusty Concord (my other favorite) and a little Dried Marigold.  I did use some of the Sailboat Blue Color Wash spray here and there also.
   I also was on a Tissue tape kick--and I had the notion that I wanted to stain, spray and sprinkle Perfect Pearls powder in Blush on it.  I smooshed it all in with a little duster brush I had, spritzed with water to set the pearls and heat dried.  Love how it looks in real life!
   To make the flowers before die cutting with Tim's Alteration die Tattered Florals, I taped tissue paper onto some scrap cardstock, did the staining thing and cut them out.  
   I used Ideology buttons and a knob for decoration and Wendy Vecchi's Just Word Art stamps on the cover.  I placed the flowers by each word.
   Last, but certainly not least is a photo for WOYWW to show the state of my desk as I got up at the ungodly hour of 4:30 AM (lol) to finish up this project.
A Girl's treasures
   Thanks all for stopping by and looking.

21 comments:

DottyA Cards & Things said...

Love your blog... your style is so different it's fun to look at and explore..

Andria said...

Wow! A lot of crafty play went into that cigar box...looks like fun. Happy WOYWW!

butlersabroad said...

Lol, you're either dedicated or insane! Nothing qould get me out of my bed at that ungodly hour... but that is a beautiful project!

Hugs
Brenda 73

Terry said...

Wonderful blog! This is my first visit and I love your GM and SSSS creation!

Shelly Hickox said...

This is so cool! I LOVE how you used the bird paper from the Kraft Resist pad. I have been trying to figure out what to do with that one, lol! Really awesome work.

Helen said...

WOW!! that is one beautiful cigar box - totally gorgeous!

Debby said...

This is so cool. Love all of the colors that you used. Great idea to use for a cigar box. That bird paper turned out nice!

Trish said...

This is wonderful!

Kathy Eddy said...

This is just beautiful!

Sam said...

Gorgeous box you have made here! Love it!

Karen said...

Deb, thank you so much for visiting me, I love your cigar box, so glad to see there is someone else who likes to get up nice and early when the inspiration bug hits :)

Bunnyfreak said...

This is stunning.

Dragon said...

What a fabulous lot to see.... loving what you are creating
Frankie
xx

Marjie Kemper said...

What a great box Deb! Love the paper and your awesome layers of color.

Gillian .... said...

Hi Deb, love your altered cigar box, the colours & composition are amazing. x

Neil said...

Hi there, Thanks for sharing your desk this week! I'm dashing around this week like the white rabbit; places to go and things to see! Hope you have a lovely week. Love the cigar box.

Melisa Waldorf said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this!!! Girl you have the bug really bad! 4:30??? The only thing I get up at 4:30 for is work! ha I just hopped over and checked out the Grungy Monday blog. I love it and added it to my challenge link list!

Shelann said...

The colors are spectacular and paired with the bird, just beautiful.

Neet said...

Fab photos - such rich colours in your post this week. Really enjoyed my snoop around. Thanks for sharing - Hugs, Neet

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Fabulous job with color and the resist technique. Love the texture and how rich and saturated the colors are. Very cool project indeed. So happy you shared it with us this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

PsyPenguin said...

Beautiful, love the colours in this. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...