May I recommend

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Simon Says Stamp and Show Some Embossing!

   It's time for another Simon Says Challenge -- and BOY!  Am I ready!  I had a commitment in early July that required a lot of planning for an event I was a co-chair for and had to come up with not only our craft project, but entertainment (by "we the committee", gift bags, dessert and fun!).
   Now that I have "breathing room" (translation:  time to play and get inky!) again - I am jumping in with all my inky fingers.
   This week it's all about Embossing -- and you can get the Simon Says details here and join right in, too!
   Now on to my project:  I've got embossed metal and distressed embossing on Grungeboard.  My Jalopy was cut from Spellbinders Premium Craft foils.  Color:  Precious Metals--a product available from SimonSaysStamp.com.  I used two colors for the jalopy.  The car was run through my Vagabond with the Patchwork Texture Fades embossing folder
  My base is some Maya Road chipboard that I covered with Tim Holtz's Lost and Found paper stack.  I trimmed around the scallops.  I used Distress Embossing Ink and  Fired Brick Distress Embossing powder on the Grungeboard letters.  The flourish was embossed with Vintage Photo Distress Embossing powder.  I stamped the JOURNEY sentiment with Black Soot Distress Ink and clear embossed it on a piece of manila cardstock from Ranger.  I used my blending tool to covered with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  This last piece is attached with some dimensional adhesive dots to give it some added "oomph".
   Thanks for stopping by and looking -- I hope you enjoy what you see.  Leave a comment if you do.



11 comments:

Dan said...

This is just great, and the texture on the jalopy is fantastic! :) The Design Team are really pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week - Thank you!

scrapandstamp said...

Absolutely amazing work. I love it!

PaulaJ said...

Great job Deb!

Marjie Kemper said...

Deb, your car is fantabulous! Haven't seen one done this way before. You rocked it!

Trish said...

different, and lovely!

Kathy Eddy said...

Wonderful piece Deb! Love how colorful it is.

Dorothy said...

Awesome!!!

Pam Allen said...

Hi Deb,I met you in one of the heartfelt creations classes with Rhonda and her friend from LA. I was the third one that said " I have a blog too" and we exchanged blog addresses. I love it! Hope your having a fantastic stampin scrappin week!

Pam Allen from TX

Gillian .... said...

Oh Deb, how cool is this project, just love the precious metal colour and the texture of Ole Jalopy. Love the design of the chipboard and of course it looks right at home with the TH papers:) x

Nancy Wethington said...

Oh WOW - great project. All that wonderful embossing on metal! Thanks for joining the challenge at Simon Says Stamp & Show challenge blog.

donna said...

Wonderful project. I saw some of your work on SA Yahoo and tracked you down. Love what you do..Donna

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...