May I recommend

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Sunday Stamper - Week 160 - More Thank Words

   Oh wow!  I'm cruisin' in a bit late on this challenge but it's been a crazy week.  I actually started on something last Sunday and lost my inspiration with it somehow during the week.  Just didn't know how I wanted to finish it so maybe it'll show up in some not too distant future.  
   I got a bit of play time in today AND I got a  bit of inspiration from a post Hels did around June 10th on the Bubbly Funk blog here.  I've been playing with my Color Wash sprays for a few days and then re-reading th post this afternoon was enough to kick my fanny into gear.   
   I absolutely LOVED playing with the Trad Tan paint as a resist.   Y'all know it as Traditional Tan from Claudine Hellmuth Studio Paint line.  
   I spritzed the tag with Lettuce, Stream and Red Pepper color sprays.  All stamps are from Stamper's Anonymous - an oldie I've had forrr-everrrrr that actually is four 'artistic' postage stamps, (I used only half), the big ARTIST stamp from one of Tim's sets, and the ART word from Studio 490.  
    I blended distress inks in Worn Lipstick all over the tag and then edged with Broken China and Forest Moss around.  I admit I got a bit carried away with trying to add "paint resist" on the Trad Tan resist and also stamped the Textured Textile stamp with Butterscotch Andirondack paint dabber.  I love this image -- it's not distinct on this tag but it left a nice grunginess that I over stamped with the images in Jet Black archival ink.  
   I used the Olive archival ink to stamp out the vine from one of Wendy Vecchi's Studio 490 sets.  Added the Lavish trimmings after spritzing with color washes and water to match what I originally had used on the tag.  I used a "Fragment" and some of the Ideology buttons and baubles in my stash.  I did use some sticky-backed pearl bits from SU! to put in the middle of the lavish trim flowers.
  I hope you like it and I can't wait to check in for tomorrow's Sunday Stampers challenge.

4 comments:

Lesley said...

Love the colours you've used......i'm betting this tag is even more vibrant in the flesh! :o)

Kathy Eddy said...

Great tag!

Bunnyfreak said...

Love the colors.

Hels Sheridan said...

Oh my goodness... I just HOOTED out loud when I read you said you had to kick your fanny into gear.. .over here a fanny is something totally different.. it is.. how can I put it... a...erm... lady garden ROFLMAO
Anyways... that aside... who cares about language differences anyway lol... your tag IS GORGEUOS!!! Lush lush lush... thanks for joining in with the Sunday sTamper x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...