May I recommend

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Sunday Stamper - Week 161 - Writing's On The Wall

   Whew!  Late last week on the challenge and early on this weeks. YIPPEE!  Now that's a great start to the week!
   OK - it's not exactly Writing on the Wall but Writing's on a another tag .  I confess I'm on a tag binge!  
   This tag was already pre-gessoed (I was messing around with "that" a few days back when I was messing about with the color sprays <previous post>.)  But after seeing Hels' challenge #161, I pulled out my vintage writing stamps from various sources and got snapping on this project.  
   I had a really nice quote stamp with a saying from Henry David Thoreau about "writing on one's heart ..." yadda-yadda. BUT my sense of humor snuck out to play and I pulled open my "Texas stamps" drawer.  It may not quite look as vintage as the rest of my stamps but it made me laugh.  That ... or I am just tired and getting "slap happy" and better go to sleep.  Pronto!
   Sponged distress inks in Scattered Straw, Peeled Paint and Vintage Photo.  I got my order from Blue Moon Scrapbooking today and had some brand new Archival Inks to play with -- Violet Blue and Aquamarine which I used when I stamped the little note paper and saying stamp.  
   I used my water-brush thingy to paint in with distress inks on the image in the bottom left corner.  Masked that image and the "note paper" and over stamped with Pumice Stone one of my various script background stamps to show - yep! you guessed it -- WRITING.
   There's one bit of Ideology with the extra pen nib that says "thoughts" on it -- I covered it with Gold paint dabber and then just used a felt nib to ink on some Jet Black archival over the actual words to make them stand out.  The flowers and acrylic bits were some things I've had in stash way too long and I'm trying to get better about using stuff so -- there ya go.  The last new item which is a recent purchase is the acrylic "overlay" from Tattered Angels and that is the 10 cent postage stamp with the windmill on it.  Cute, huh?!
   G'night ladies and gents and hope you have a lovely Sunday!
Stampin' Hugs,
Deb

2 comments:

Hels Sheridan said...

LOL... that is a fab saying... I have never been to Texas... it is on my places to visit before I cark it though!! Another fab tag hun... thanks for joining in with the Sunday STamper x

Alison said...

Gorgeous tag! I love all the different elements you used! That quote is great!
Alison x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...