May I recommend

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Sunday Stamper - Week 162 - Those Magnificent Men in Their Flying Machines

   When I read the title for Hels Sheridan's Sunday Stamper challenge I could not help but think of the old movie and their unique machines.  
   I recently bought a set from a company that SADLY is closing it's website tomorrow - Scrollswork.  I had only discovered them early last month and that is when they had started their going out of business sales and I bought the sheet that had some unique "flying machines" on it.
   I made up this tag by using gesso on it then wetting it with a mister and using some of Ranger's Distress Stains in Wild Honey and Weathered Wood to create my background.  
   I masked the gent and stamped the middle flying machine, then masked it, too, and put that huge machine on the right.  I felt I had to use those wonderful Stamper's Anonymous birds to prove they had made it off the ground :-D.  
   I grabbed some of my Tim Holtz Ideology tissue tape and put it on one edge, a few gears and a Believe tag.  The jumbo eyelet and the hanger "thingey" are from a retired kit of Hardware Hodge Podge I got from Stampin' Up eons ago - or maybe it was about 4 or 5 years?
  I messed around a bit with sponging and also my scratching tool.  I think I got a bit carried away in the middle.  When I peeled off the mask for the gent, I still wanted him to stand out a bit more, so I cut another one of "him" out of white cardstock and glued him down on top with Claudine's Studio matte medium.  I used a brush with a little bit of Distress Ink in Old Paper to color his skin, Weathered Wood on his tie and a touch of Pumice Stone on his hat.
   I hope you enjoy the tag and thanks so much for stopping by and looking!
Stampin' Hugs,
Deb


5 comments:

Geri Centonze said...

Happy to have you at artsee bloggers!

Trix said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Trix said...

Hi Deb, very nice tag!
What a shame of Scroll Works though.
Do you know of another company continuing their stamps?

Trix from the Netherlands

Hels Sheridan said...

Gorgeous tag Deb... love those stamps... tis a sad thing that they have closed now, I managed to get a sheet a few weeks ago... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper.. apologies for my late visit.. been on my holidays :O)) x

Marjie Kemper said...

Great piece, Deb - love all your masking!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...