May I recommend

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Sunday Stamper - Week 163 - Build Me Up Buttercup

   Happy Sunday to Everyone!  I hope you're having a fabulous day - might as well start the week off right, eh?  
   Hels' is asking all who participate in her fabulous Sunday Stamper Challenge to Build Your Own Flower Embellishment.  I swear even if it has to travel over The Pond quite a ways that she is getting my mental vibes.  This week's challenge has played right into my nefariously inky hands <bwa ha ha ha>.   I've been wanting to play with some new "craft toys" and make flowers.
   I went a little crazy last weekend at the Heartfelt Creations booth (Super Nice people!) at the CK Scrapbook Convention.   After I took all four of the classes they taught just so I could learn to use their fabulous flower stamps and custom-made, matching Spellbinders Nestabilities dies, my wallet got quite a workout .  It's so hard to decide on just ONE flower -- and then to make it worse they have multiple sets featuring the flowers -- SIGH--decisions, decisions....
I suggest you click on the image to get a really good view of the tag.
   The layered flowers on this tag are from the Posy Patch Collection.  
   First things first though as I tell you how I made my tag.  I used the luscious Paper Artsy Fresco Finish Chalk Acrylics paints in Vintage Lace all over the tag.   Then I streaked some Ice Blue and Guacamole to simulate sky and grass.
   The image is from Jane's Countryside stamp set by Artistic Outpost.  The sentiment is stamped in one of Ranger's new Archival Ink colors -- Blue Violet!  Absolutely yummy!  I did color in my Regency lady's redingote and bonnet with the lightest colors of my SU! markers.  Her plume was touched up a bit with a white Signo gel pen.
   The flowers were stamped with Ranger's Archival ink in Sepia on Very Vanilla carstock, die cut out and then sponge daubed first with some Brilliance Pearlescent Coral ink, then finished off with Ranger's Distressed Ink in Worn Lipstick on the petal edges.  
   Heartfelt Creations also decorate their flowers with Barbara Trombley's Art Glitter.    A tip I learned from Emma Lou of HFC is you can stamp on top of the Microfine glitter.  I used Iris on my Posy centers and then touched up the edges with Shell White(I can't keep my hands off this tag turning it to watch it sparkle LOL.)  (Another sidenote here:  On the Art Glitter website, there's even a PDF tutorial on using Art Glitter with your nail polish--wish I'd known that yesterday when I went to get a manicure.  Oh well - next time maybe.)
   I must say after finishing this Jane Austen inspired tag, I'm feeling the need for a soothing cup of Earl Grey tea -- won't you join me?


Stampin' Hugs,
Deb

4 comments:

Hels Sheridan said...

Ooooh, ahhhhh, oooooh, ahhhhhh, I LOVE those flowers... so pretty! I reckon that I am getting your vibes you know cos I had this little voice in my head saying "do flowers, Deb will love them" rofl... yep, am off to the funny farm now lol
Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper again hun... have a fab week!! x

Gerri Herbst said...

Incredible!Yes the flowers are so amazing. Thanks for the comments on my Grungy Monday Christmas Tag. take care, gerri

Marjie Kemper said...

Beautiful! Love all the layers, Deb.

Debbie said...

Beautiful flowers! Great design and colours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...