May I recommend

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Sunday Stamper - Week 164 Back To Black

   On Hels Sheridan's Sunday Stamper Challenge this week, the theme is a tribute to Amy Winehouse.   Back to Black is one of Amy's songs.  I just happened to be checking Twitter yesterday when Hels posted the sad news of her death.
   I am a bit of a "copy cat" today as I've made a tag with a T'Pouch.  
T'Pouch solo debut
   I've been fascinated by the ones Hels has been producing over the last several weeks and wanted to give it a try.  I used Graphic 45's Curtain Call paper to make the T'pouch and flowers.   
   Since it is a tribute to Amy, I went with those that had the musical images to display on tag and T'pouch.  
Tag tucked into T'Pouch
   The flowers were cut with Tim Holtz's Alterations Die Tattered Florals and spritzed with Perfect Pearls Mist - Interference Red.  The daisy-like flower is on the pouch and has a vintage-style brad from some of my stash.
The whole tag, & nothing but the tag
   The flower on the tag is the biggest petal-flower from the die.  My tag is layered with a faintly striped paper, then overstamped with the Wunderbar Distress Ink color:  Pumice Stone.  I love using it with background stamps like the one here from the Tim Holtz collection Weathered Textiles CMS023.  
   The butterflies were cut out with an Embosslit known as Beautiful Wings.  I dabbed glittery, gold gel pen on the embossed bits to make those stand out.  Another vintage brad became the head of the big butterfly.
Tears shed for Amy
   I sponged with Aged Mahogany Distress Ink on the tag  and stamped the clock image from Soulful Journey CMS029 also.  A 2nd-generation stamping in the upper left corner of the corner-flourish stamp from the same set using Black Soot DI.  
   At the bottom, I had used some of Tim's lace trim that was dyed with Aged Mahogany re-inker and then spritzed with the Perfect Pearls Red Interference spray.  Dried by heat gun a bit.  I had some black bead trim and put it along the ribbon.
   The Graphic 45 paper had the Crying Mime which I trimmed out.  I think he very aptly shows sadness over the  tragic death of a young entertainer whose life ended too soon.     

10 comments:

Gillian .... said...

Deb this is so striking, absolutly love it and the music theme perfectly fitting for someone as talented as Amy who was taken so soon.

Hels Sheridan said...

oooh, I love this Deb it is amazing and you did a T'Pouch too!! Tis my aim to make the T'Pouch famous so thanks for making one!!! This is a beautiful tribute to Amy... God rest her soul, like I said yesterday, I truly hope she finds the peace she could never find here... thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper hun x

Gerri Herbst said...

dear Deb,
What can I say ...this is one of the best tags I have seen. The sophisticated color palette, the dimension and then the background,,,incredible. Cant say enough. take care, gerri

Linda Cain said...

OUTSTANDING!!! I LOVE it!!!

~Linda

Gabrielle said...

I love this! Such a brilliant homage to Amy! Love the small splash of red, musical influences and the tears of a clown - inspired!

Lesley said...

Wonderful tag!!! Love the colours (one of my favest papers). Fits perfectly with the challenge!!

Marjie Kemper said...

Striking is the word, as Gillian said. Love this, Deb.

PsyPenguin said...

Stunning tag! Love the flowers and the T'Pouch. xx

Marita Soutar said...

It's gorgeous! It suits the theme so well!

Elaine said...

Loving your art especially the flowers and the use of music papers - well done!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...