May I recommend

Monday, August 8, 2011

Sunday Stamper - Week 166 - Wish You Were Here

   I so enjoy starting the week off by doing one of Hels Sheridan's Sunday Stamper challenges.  And this week is no exception.
   The deets are here and the main theme centers around the word WISH. 
   I have not been doing a lot of cards lately except for a monthly swap group I'm in to trade cards with friends. 
   This one features a stamp that I got in June when I visited the Stampers Anonymous booth at the GAC Scrapbook convention in Arlington, TX.  "Hi, Ted!"  (AND! THE Wendy Vecchi was there demonstrating and made me a tag with Art Parts on it--I really should post that on my blog sometime soon!).
   Anyhoo ... I got a bit distracted and the main point is that this fabulous angel stamp is one of the older (but classic) stamps from Stamper's Anonymous known as Angel Collage P4-691.  I did my absolute favorite technique from Tim's book - Paint Dabber Resist and used CMS023 Weathered Textiles to create a background.  I brayered with Broken China Distress Ink over that.  
   I stamped my angel on acetate and layered it over the background I made.  I cut out the image and a mat with Grand Nestabilities-Label #5 from Spellbinders.  The WISH stamp is one designed by Dee Gruenig from Sunday International.  
   I used Adirondack Paint in gold to color up my Ideology lock and key.  The designer paper is from K & Company's Que Sera Sera pack and basic black cardstock is Stampin' Up!
   OK - so "I wish" I could stay home all week and play in my craft room!  LOL.  How about you?  Anyone making similar wishes?
   Hugs to everyone!
   Deb   

5 comments:

Gabrielle said...

Lovely Deb! I love how you've used Broken China - looks fab! I wish I could craft all week too... shall we bunk off?!

Marjie Kemper said...

Another beauty, Deb! And you can't go wrong with a Stampers Anonymous stamp - they're timeless, I think. Hope you can make your wish come true!

Hels Sheridan said...

Ooh this is GORGEOUS! Thanks for joining in with the Sunday stamper and hoping you are feeling tickety-boo again x

scrapandstamp said...

Absolutely beautiful Deb.

PsyPenguin said...

This is gorgeous! Love the colour and the fab stamp. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...