May I recommend

Thursday, September 1, 2011

SHE Was A Girly-Girl!

   OK - what can I say but I am hooked on "She Art" at the moment!  I've been needing to work on some cards and a challenge this week, but I am guilty as charged and messing about creating different background canvases when I get home.
   Oh well - it's important to do what makes you happy, right?!  
   The idea for her came together quickly after I prepped the canvas with a tissue napkin I had that had lipsticks all over it.  I sprayed various mists in pinks and light reds on top.  Then I started planning her outfit and putting on rub-ons.  I used the Pitt Artist pens for her hair.  Her lace collar was creamy vintage and I dyed it with Distress Reinkers from Ranger-- I started with Milled Lavendar but then changed it to Tattered Rose.
   I usually finish the last coat of decoupage with a matte look, but I had a small bottle of Mod Podge Sparkle finish which is available from Simon Says Stamp.  
   And somehow for THIS Girly-Girl it just seemed the right way to finish!
    Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Laura said...

Wow, I'm really impressed by how you have expanded your techniques. Love the canvas. tfs

Melisa Waldorf said...

LOVE it!!! What a fun theme for here. The background is just perfect for the theme. I would love to see how the sparkle finish looks, if you can bring it over next time you visit.

Melisa Waldorf said...

Fabulous hair! Will you do the hair on all my future girls??? teehee.

Bast said...

I absolutely love her! Great job. Thanx for the inspiration

KimMJ
bast830@comcast.net

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...