May I recommend

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Day 6 - Make Waves

Seahorses are purple, aren't they?!
   One of the most enjoyable things about creating art is creating your own reality.  Like purple sea horses!  
   The picture above is some of the detail at the bottom of my recently completed page for Day 6 of Julie Fei-Fan Balzer's class 30 Days in Your Journal -- make sure you click the button on the right and check it out.
   I started my two-page spread on Friday and yesterday's page came out as a sunny day for my background of journaling.  No doubt influenced to the sunny day I woke up too.  (See yesterday's post here.)
Make Waves
   Last night I found a set of acrylic clear stamps from Pink Paislee that I bought last month and had tucked away.  I was sorting through things and when I saw the "Make Waves" sentiment from  Nantucket (00529) and it also had the seahorse and one of the shells, the Intermediate Swimmer badge and smaller anchor stamps. (Other shell and anchor stamps are from an old retired SU! set.)
      I thought in keeping with the wave theme that I would pull out a never-before-used ruler made by plaid with -- what else? -- wavy edges!  I love serendipitous moments like this when all the supplies come together and just work together.  
   I've probably had it in  my stash two or three years (shame on me - LOL!  Anyone else able to plead guilty about stash bought but not yet used?)  Its always fun to discover something like that and put it into use.
   I hope you enjoyed your visit with me and will be back soon!

1 comment:

Plush Possum Studio said...

The way I see it, finding new ways to use the old stash makes handling our newly bought items all the more treasurable. We begin to see the possibilities in each item all the better.
Fun post!
Thanks so much for joining in the fun over at our new sister blog, Steam Tea Travels!
Rose

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...