May I recommend

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

What's on your Work Desk Wednesday - #126

   I have just not been able to get enough time to do anything in my art room lately and it's driving me bonkers!  So, I vowed I would try to do a little of something every day in November (even if I don't blog it) and I thought Julie Fei-Fan Balzer's 30 Days in Your Journal -- see BUTTON to your RIGHT! -- online class would be the perfect inspiration (read that as: "kick in the pants") to doing  something creative each day.
   
   On my messy table is the journal I was working on last night for Day One of class.  I did imitate Julie's color scheme and big half-circle on the left, but then I went my own way.  I have no idea why, but I decided I was going to journal on the right side first!  I vented on that page (hence, the blurring) and then using the "WHY?" as my kick off point again went a different and more calming and creative direction with my spirit.  Guess I needed to get the garbage cleared out of my emotional pipes - LOL!)
   Julie's blog is here:  http://balzerdesigns.typepad.com/ Her creativity and all the artistic balls she is juggling just amaze me!  I am so in love with her line of stencils from The Crafter's Workshop.  
Check out that video demo and then click on ALL TEMPLATES on the left and scroll down for the Balzer Designs line
   I am definitely becoming a "stencil junkie" and have probably purchased about 90% of hers  so far.  I do like the 6x6 size mostly for my journals as I usually use a smaller Moleskine journal, but I am now learning the value of those 12x12 stencils in combination with the smaller ones.  FUN!
   I almost freaked out when I found out Julie was in Houston a few weeks back -- AND I COULDN'T GET IN for a class with her -- because it was a trade show for retail vendors only.  Oh! the cruelty of the world.... LOL ... OK!  Enough whining!
   Thanks  for stopping by and bear in mind that I'm getting close to my 100th blog post soon and I plan to offer some blog candy then.  I hope you'll come by again!  
   Enjoy your Wednesday and rest of the week! 

5 comments:

Sarah said...

little something everyday all add up to art! I love Julie's style and free spirit...great colours on your page!

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I so sympathise with the lack of time syndrome, it just flies by and I don't work at the moment!!
I like working with stencils too, they're satisfying. Lovely, bright colours you're working with too :)
Hugs, LLJ xx

Marjie Kemper said...

Hey, Deb! Fun seeing you online over in Julie's class. I've had the pleasure of taking several of hers in person because I'm so close to the city. The online one will be great. I love what we're doing in short bursts.

Melisa Waldorf said...

I'm terrible at journaling. You should see my scrapbooks. I'm doing good to get a title on there. and that's sad because there is so much I can't remember and it would have been nice to go back and read. I had good intentions to find time to go back and do it, and just never did.

Julia Dunnit said...

I've never done a journal (I think my blog takes it on the chin for me!!), so am always impressed by those of you that do - especially as I see the paint palette at right and realise that your lovely pages came out of those little blocks of not very much! And indeed, I must join you - Why not?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...