May I recommend

Friday, February 17, 2012

GM #36 - Who Loves Ya Baby?!

   This was a fun piece to create!  I made it for Grungy Monday and did you know that Simon Says Stamp is offering a gift certificate?  How cool!  I also decided to submit for Simon Says Stamp And Show challenge also.
   I used Grungeboard as my substrate and brushed on Blank Canvas paint from the Claudine Hellmuth Studio line in a random manner.  I didn't worry about covering up all the Grungeboard.  Then I swiped the edges and some odd spots on the GB with Picket Fence Distress Stain.  Crackle paints were applied randomly and around the edges (Pewter) and also on the piece of 'love' chipboard.    It uses Tim Holtz's Alteration Die cuts of the Umbrella Man and the Lamp post.  I did cut off his umbrella as it didn't feel right for this piece.  I used the Coordinations paper in Distressed colors.


   I'm sorry this is a short post today as I am late getting it on my blog.  Had it ready to go Tuesday evening but didn't have the time to blog until now.

See ya Sunday for Hels' Sunday Stamper!

12 comments:

Nancy Wethington said...

What a great combination of the umbrella man and the light. Perfect saying for this card! Thanks for joining the challenge at Simon Says Stamp & Show.

Bearcrazyman said...

Great multi use of the dies
Stephen ATT List Co

Susan ~ Killam Creative said...

Who knew the Umbrella Man was a closet graffiti artist? This is really cool. Thanks for sharing at ATT.

Cheers,
Susan

El rincon de vanessa said...

Que bonitoo!!! me gusta mucho..

Marjie Kemper said...

Beautiful! This looks like it would be an amazing switchplate cover!

Sugar Lump Studios said...

Love the dies you used to create this!

Denise said...

Lovely !

Melisa Waldorf said...

FAbulous grungy look Deb! Thanks for coming over saturday! I'll see you this saturday!

Melisa Waldorf said...

Grungalicious!!! Love that sentiment and fabulous background!!

Martina2801 said...

Fantastic piece of art!

duaa said...

This is a beautiful art journal page!

it's so vibrant and I love the red tones and the sentiment!

It's quite gorgeous

Hugs

Duaa

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...