May I recommend

Monday, February 6, 2012

Heart on My Sleeve

   I saw Hels' Sunday Stampers post pretty early on and while I was pondering what to do:  tag, card, picture frame, etc., I sat down to work on some art journal pages.  Before I was close to finishing it and thinking about another stencil to use on it, I realized I had come up with a combo of colors and background that would work well with her theme, Heart on My Sleeve.  So out came The Crafter's workshop stencil, Mini Hearts.  
  Well I was so hoping to have posted this for the Sunday Stampers Challenge 24 hours earlier than I am, but I had a small disaster -- I could not find my favorite Wendy Vecchi Studio 490 stamp to finish the border on this.  It's the leafy vines from It's Face Art that has gone missing -- Ack!  
   I ended up pulling out a flourish stamp from one of the acrylic sets that was sold in the chain stores -- so the set didn't have a proper label for me to identify it for you as it was a mish-mash of pieces from some of the original Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz sets.  
Heart on My Sleeve Journal Spread
  I stamped the flourish in a haphazard way to give it a distressed feel to it. 
   My jumping off start for this piece was matching paints and inks to a scrapbook paper from my stash.  (Thank you Paula Phillips for this idea!)  I also did my favorite gesso resist technique through a stencil although it's pretty much covered upbut you can see the white, flowery image in the bottom left corner.  I also added some glossy access to the heart in the sentiment stamp on the right page - boy!  Did that make it pop!
   Thanks for stopping by...
   Stampin' Hugs y'all!

1 comment:

Hels Sheridan said...

love your page, sad you lost that stamp... hope it turns up soon... tis one of my faves too! Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper again hun x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...