May I recommend

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Sunday Stamper #192 - I Will Always Love You

   It's the Sunday Stamper Challenge again and I was so inspired by Hels' frame, I knew I had the perfect frame to do Something with.  I pulled out my Claudine Hellmuth Studio Paints in red and pink and quickly covered it.  I've never worked with clay before but I had some pink Viva brand clay and molded a fleur de lis and a flower that were going to go on the frame.  After lunch I put it on my desk and was thinking about it and ... skidded to a stop.  Mr. Mojo waltzed right out the window.
     Cooper the kitten came by and was doing his super cute thing of wanting me to pick him up and cuddle on my shoulder so I let him fall asleep which left me with one arm to use.  I flipped through my "Inspiration Snippets" basket looking at tags almost done, scraps of paper and bits of collage kept to be used (I hope) in future projects.
   Nope!  Nada!  Zip!  No ideas.
   Turned to my small plastic tray of ATC bits where I had messed with background techniques at one time or another and cut the scraps into ATC size.   I had a piece that only had a few vague stripes of Golden Acrylic paint in Green-gold when I was testing out the color.  Nothing else -- and then WHAM!  BANG! Batman!  - Mr. Mojo came flying back in the room in his inspirational cape and tights!
     I put Cooper down, pulled out a Ranger Adirondack Dabber paint in Raspberry and just dabbed a few spots and blended it in with a makeup sponge.  Then I grabbed the WONDERFUL Byzantia paint in SERAPHYM Blue that I mentioned in my Sunday Stamper Challenge post two weeks ago here.  Just the merest, tiniest dab blended in wonderfully.
   Pulled out the Mini Hearts template from The Crafters Workshop, #TCW92S, and gessoed on a heart.  I overstamped the entire ATC with retired SU stamp, French Script.
   The Gesso heart in the middle as cool as it looked, just didn't inspire anything else, so I started flipping through my collage sheets from Paper Whimsy.  Found #192 which I had been meaning to use for quite awhile.  I put the template around her, and cut her to fit the gesso spot.  I did edge her with some Distress Ink in Tumbled Glass to blend in a bit.  On her sheet were some colorful dots of flowers, so I took out three small punches in 1/4", 1/2" and 3/4" -- all old SU punches -- and punched out and made a funky 3-D flower.  I topped it with a dab of Kiwi Viva Decor pearl  pen.  Stamped the PTI words that were one stamp, each separately, as you see.  Then took the pearl pens in Kiwi and Light Blue and alternated around the heart image.  Finally finished by edging the entire ATC with Distress Ink in Broken China.
   Well sometimes you have to go with the flow and sometimes you have to go your own way ... and this ATC came together quite nicely.  I hope you like it.
   Thanks so much for stopping by!
   Hugs and Peace to you!

1 comment:

Hels Sheridan said...

Yahoooo, Mr Mojo certainly did show up Deb.... love all the different layers to look at... now, if you want me to look after Cooper for you, just shout lol thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...