May I recommend

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

WOYWW 140 - Three Projects

   It's time for What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday - whoo hoo!  I've actually been a bit productive lately and have three projects lately.  I visited a Ustream class on Monday after work -- just cruising when I came home to see what might be recording and Voila!  I found Jo here:  http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/20275274   She was making a canvas in a style I had been doing for several months with collage, paint, etc.  But I learned something fun about using Acrylic Glazing -- and so totally random -- I had happened to buy a bottle on Sunday at Michaels to experiment with.  So I was ready!
     The main project I really need to finish is the card on the left -- nothing matches there because when I'm just piecing die cut shapes to use on a card.  I just pick up random scrap pieces.  The cream and black card is a portion of the colors I really am going to use.  I belong to a great group of friends and we swap cards each month.  Our February theme is to make sympathy cards so I want this one to be especially nice when I'm done.   Last, in the middle I'm working randomly on a journal page and have found some great new stencils from a company called The Artist Cellar.  This is their own line picture - it's four stencils that look like stained glass windows from Cathedrals in France.  They have some more designs of various types out and I hope to  get a few more in the future.
   Thank y'all for stopping by!   

13 comments:

Marjie Kemper said...

I've become a stencil junkie since starting to art journal! Loved peeking at your desk this morning.

Karen said...

A lovely creative and busy desk, lots of lovely craft goodies to play with :)

Have a great WOYWW and a fab week, Karen #90

Trish Latimer said...

Like the look of that stencil!
Canvases are addictive..beware!! xx

Stephanie said...

Your desk looks like it has tons of fun stuff to play with on it! Nice!!

May said...

Fabulous creative desk, lots of wonderful creations in the making, Have a great week, Hugs May x x x

Julia Dunnit said...

You're right, that stencil is quite beautiful. Oh dear,I shall need saving again!!

scrappymo! said...

Those stencil look addictive!
Looks like you are having lots of fun.

CraftygasheadZo said...

Looks like you're having fun. Thanks for sharing & enjoy this weeks WOYWW, I've been nosing around all the fab desks as I try to visit everyone! Zo x 83

505whimsygirl said...

What a nice creative space you have! I can see that you enjoy doing lots of different things - me too! I've been playing with canvas, mod podge, stencils and all kinds of bits.

Happy WOYWW
Kay
#129

Sarah said...

Sounds like a great link and love your crafty table full of goodies! Thanks for letting us look in and peek at your desk... Sarah at 7...

Angie said...

What a busy fun desk. That is a gorgeous stencil ...and that looks as though that is going to be an elegant card.

Bridget Larsen said...

Your desk looks really busy so that must be a good thing
Bridget #51

Elizabeth said...

Hello Deb, late, I know butI'm determined to visit everyone who left a comment for me this week. Sympathy cards are the ones I find most difficult to make and though it would be useful to have one or two tucked away I avoid them. Thanks for the ustream link, like altering canvases so will watch it with interest. Elizabeth x #2

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...